Thursday, January 28, 2010
Let's go down together!
¡Hola Amigos y Amigas!
January Jam III @ JJ's Cantina at Cholla Bay in Puerto Peñasco, Mexico is just about here! It's been a few months since we've all traveled down together, so here are a few reminders for you Rocky Point veterans and some tips for all our new friends joining us for the first time.
The show is SOLD OUT. If you previously purchased tickets on-line, you can pick up your passes Saturday at JJ's starting at noon. No extra tickets will be available at the door.
Traveling to Rocky Point:
· If you haven't been there before and need directions, please check our "Circus Mexicus" page at www.azpeacemakers.com or our Circus Mexicus Facebook page. Remember, the border is closed at Lukeville from midnight to 6 a.m.
· Don't drive on E. There are plenty of gas stations in the towns on the way to Rocky Point, but not so much in between. The hour drive from Sonoyta to Peñasco, in particular, is nothing but desert. A lot of fans fill their tanks (and make a pit stop!) in Lukeville before crossing the border.
· Caravans and carpools are always encouraged. It keeps everyone safe and no one gets lost! You can meet other fans just like yourself and arrange trips together on the message board at www.azpeacemakers.com or our Facebook pages.
· If you plan to do any driving any Mexico, we highly encourage you to get Mexican auto insurance.
· A passport or passport card is a must. Don't leave home without it!